Use this email template to request and schedule intake meetings with hiring managers at the beginning of the hiring process.
At the beginning of the hiring process, it’s important that recruiters meet with hiring managers to agree on:
- the open position’s details;
- the structure of the hiring process and;
- the qualification criteria for candidates.
Use this intake meeting email template to request a call or in-person meeting with hiring managers when they want to hire a new team member. To make the most out of this meeting, clarify what hiring managers should prepare beforehand. Also, it’ll be useful if you can provide them with resources, like job description templates.
It’s best to schedule intake meetings with hiring managers early on the recruiting process to make sure you’re on the same page and targeting the right candidates. If necessary, cc all hiring team members when sending this intake meeting email request.
Subject line: Intake meeting about [X] position / Let’s discuss [X] position
Hi [Hiring manager’s name],
I’d like to schedule a meeting so that we discuss requirements and candidate profiles for the [job title] role we’re about to open.
Before this meeting, could you have a think on the basics of the open role and the hiring process? For example, here’s some information I’ll need :
- Employment type (full-time or part-time, permanent or fixed-term contract)
- Salary range
- Job duties (five to ten regular tasks)
- Requirements (including relevant experience and knowledge of specific tools)
- Evaluation methods (like screening calls, assignments and online tests)
- Timeline (ideal start date)
Also, if you have specific people in mind that would be good candidates (like internal candidates or past applicants), let me know in this meeting so I can reach out as soon as possible.
To start you off, I’m attaching a job description template [that we’ve used in the past for a similar position]. You can tweak, remove and add job duties and requirements. Or we can review it together during the meeting if you like.
Please let me know which of the following options you prefer and I’ll send you a calendar invitation:
- [Tuesday 5/15, 10-11 a.m.]
- [Tuesday 5/15, 2-3 p.m.]
- [Wednesday 5/16, 1:30-2:30 p.m.]
If none of these time slots work for you, let me know when you’ll be available and we can find a time that works. [Also, if you think that it’d be helpful if someone else from the hiring team joins this meeting, please let me know.]
- What questions to ask hiring managers during intake meetings
- How to update hiring managers on the status of the hiring process
- How to train hiring managers to conduct effective interviews
- How recruiters and hiring managers can collaborate productively
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial