Use these sample Recruitment Manager interview questions to evaluate candidates for senior-level HR roles.
Recruitment Manager Interview Questions
Recruitment Managers are responsible for full life cycle recruiting. They employ effective methods to source, evaluate and hire candidates.
During interviews, learn more about candidates’ experience with recruiting techniques, including assessment tests, social media sourcing and different interview formats (e.g. phone and group interviews). Candidates should also have a good understanding of labor legislation.
Recruitment Managers usually hold a senior-level position. This means candidates should have good analytical and decision-making skills to interpret and act upon important recruitment metrics, like time-to-hire and cost-per-hire. If relevant to your open role, ask questions about candidates’ ability to manage and motivate a team.
Operational and Situational questions
- We are thinking of buying a (new) ATS to organize our hiring. Given our company size and annual hiring needs, what would you recommend? How would you research available options?
- A day before a new hire starts, they inform you they can’t accept your job offer after all. What would you do?
- How would you respond to a hiring manager who wants to fill a position in 10 days?
- Give me an example of a Boolean search string you would use to source candidates for X role?
- How would you approach a hiring manager who didn’t think recruiting was a priority?
- In which cases are group interviews appropriate?
- What do you ask during a phone screening call to identify potential deal-breakers?
- What social networks do you use to boost your employer brand? Mention two or three ways to create an attractive careers page on social media.
- What are the most important recruiting KPIs and how do you keep track of them?
- What steps do you take to reduce biases when hiring?
- Describe a time when you reduced cost-per-hire. How did you come up with this solution?
- How do you deal with hiring managers who have high expectations and reject all candidates?
- How do you attract diverse candidates?
- What resources do you use to stay up-to-date with changes in labor regulations?