Use this Pest Control Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Pest Control Technician responsibilities include:
- Determining the kind of treatment required to eliminate a particular type of pest
- Advising customers on the kind of treatment required to eliminate identified pests
- Inspecting customers’ premises to identify pest problems
We are looking for a Pest Control Technician who is knowledgeable about the different kinds of pests and their habitats.
A Pest Control Technician is responsible for inspecting customers’ premises, advising them on possible treatment options and clearing the environment from items that could draw pests to the area.
Ultimately, you must be able to identify which type of insect, bug or animal you come across to help customers get rid of them more effectively.
- Inspect buildings and the surrounding environment for signs of pest infestation
- Determine the type of treatment needed to eliminate pests
- Take the required measurement of the area in need of treatment
- Estimate the cost of services rendered to clients or customers
- Use different pest control methods such as the setting of traps or baits to remove or kill pests
- Apply pesticide safely in buildings or structures and the surrounding environment
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Pest Control Technician or similar role
- Must possess physical stamina and be able to withstand harsh conditions
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time and work in uncomfortable environments
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to follow detailed instructions in applying pesticide to avoid harm to the client and self
- Must possess good customer service skills and be customer-focused
- Strong ability to keep good records of hours worked, chemicals used and payment collected
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Pest Control Technician do?
Pest Control Technicians identify potential and existing pest problems, conduct inspections and design strategies for their clients.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Pest Control Technician?
A Pest Control Technician is responsible for identifying, selecting and applying chemicals or manual solutions to eliminate pests. They also use tools like traps that are designed specifically towards the needs of their customers.
What makes a good Pest Control Technician?
A good Pest Control Technician needs to have strength and stamina to handle heavy equipment to complete their tasks. They must also interact directly with customers to understand their needs and provide follow-up services as needed.
Who does a Pest Control Technician work with?
A Pest Control Technician will typically work alone and interact directly with customers in their homes or places of business. They are supervised by a General Manager who schedules service calls and ensures they provide excellent customer service.