We are looking for a competent Operating room nurse (or perioperative nurse) to assist surgeons during operations and keep the operating room sterile at all times.
They need to possess phenomenal efficiency and attention to detail with a strong knowledge of operation procedures and patient safety. Being compassionate and sensitive is a prerequisite for the profession. The ideal candidate goes one step further by being a critical thinker, fast to act in emergencies.
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and alleviate their concerns
- Gather all supplies needed for the operation
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room sterilized
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during operation
- Monitor patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies
- Evaluate patient in postoperative phases
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned
- Proven experience as operating room nurse (circulating and scrub)
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Outstanding organizational ability
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
- Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina
- Diploma in nursing and a valid licence
- Source nurse candidates with our Boolean search cheat sheets.