Here’s a template for an informal offer letter that you can use for any position. This letter enables your candidate to acknowledge your offer via email, and is just as official, but not as comprehensive as our formal offer letter format. Feel free to use this template when authoring a job offer email. An email offer letter tends to be less formal, and covers the most basic aspects of the job offer before sending a full offer letter. An offer letter email can include salary, an outline of benefits, and immediate next steps. Modify this sample offer letter email with the most pertinent information for your candidate.
Dear [first name],
We are pleased to offer you a job as a [role title] at [company name]. We think that your experience and skills will be a valuable asset to our company.
If you are to accept this offer you will be eligible to the following in accordance to our company’s policies:
- Annual gross salary of $[total annual salary] paid in [monthly or semi-monthly] installments by check or direct deposit
- Up to [percent]% of your annual annual gross salary will be given to you as a performance bonus
- Standard benefits including:
- [vacation days number] days of annual paid time off
- [sick days number] days of sick leave
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401k/retirement plan
- Flexible working hours
- Tuition reimbursement for career development courses
- [more benefits]
To accept this offer, sign and date this letter as indicated below and email it back to us by [date].
Your expected hire date will be the [date]. Your immediate supervisor will be [supervisor’s name].
We look forward to welcoming you to our team. Feel free to call [recruiter’s name] if you have any questions or concerns.
Company Representative (Sign)
Company Representative (Print)
- Tip: After sending an offer letter, be prepared for salary negotiations with your candidate.
- More email templates: 12 time-saving email templates for recruiters
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial