Use this Laundry Attendant job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Laundry Attendant responsibilities include:
- Sorting, washing, drying, pressing and folding clothing and other textile items
- Removing stains from items using the appropriate procedures
- Performing minor sewing duties as needed
We are looking for an attentive Laundry Attendant to support the functions of our establishment and the needs of our customers.
A Laundry Attendant’s responsibilities include cleaning, pressing and folding laundry as needed. They may also be responsible for the maintenance of laundry equipment and other duties around the facility.
Ultimately, you will play a crucial role in the presentation of the establishment by ensuring all textiles are well cared for and maintained.
- Folding laundry
- Keep an updated inventory of laundry detergents and sewing kits
- Track maintenance and repairs on laundering equipment
- Ensure that the facility remains clean at all times
- Anticipate and respond to customers’ queries, concerns and complaints
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Laundry Attendant or similar role
- Familiarity with cleaning detergents and laundering equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Laundry Attendant do?
- A Laundry Attendant sorts, washes and folds laundry as needed by their facility. They also help remove stains from items with appropriate procedures as needed.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Laundry Attendant?
- A Laundry Attendant will have various duties depending on where they are working and the type of laundry they receive. In most cases, a Laundry Attendant will be required to sort, fold and work with customers to ensure their laundry needs are met.
- What makes a good Laundry Attendant?
- A good Laundry Attendant needs to have excellent communication skills since they usually work directly with customers. They also need to have good organizational skills to ensure the right laundry is delivered properly.
- Who does a Laundry Attendant work with?
- A Laundry Attendant typically works alone to complete various tasks, and they are supervised by a General Manager who oversees the quality of work done throughout their shift.