Use this Landscaper job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs
Landscaper responsibilities include:
- Performing groundskeeping and building maintenance duties
- Mowing lawns using a push mower or riding lawn mower
- Cutting lawns using hand, power, or riding mower
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Landscaper to join our team. Duties include applying fertilizers, maintaining landscape design features, removing weeds/dead plant material and overseeing repairs as needed.
The ideal candidate must be creative, have excellent problem-solving skills and organizational abilities to ensure the growth of plants in our landscaping business.
The job involves maintaining a variety of landscape structures that range from typical grassy areas like lawns or gardens to more granular items such as houseplants. This person will also assist with any pruning tasks needed during their shift.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for building and maintaining gardens that are beautiful both outside as well as inside.
- Apply pesticides to remove harmful insects such as mosquitos, wasps, and ticks
- Conduct general maintenance duties such as cleaning walkways and fixing fountains
- Trim and edge around walks, flower beds and walls
- Plant new decorative bushes, flowers, plants and shrubs
- Remove weeds and dead plants as needed to preserve the health and natural beauty of the plants
- Trim overgrown limbs, hedges and leaves to ensure an appealing look to the area
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Landscaper or similar role
- Must be able to operate maintenance equipment including lawnmowers, leaf blowers and hedge trimmers
- Strong knowledge of pest management and basic lawn maintenance
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills to oversee several projects at a time
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Landscaper do?
- A Landscaper is a person that can design, construct and maintain landscapes. They are responsible for designing, constructing and installing landscapes on the exterior of homes.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Landscaper?
- A Landscaper works alongside other team members in tasks like mowing, edging and mulching using a variety of equipment. They may also install landscape features including stonework and water features.
- What makes a good Landscaper?
- A good Landscaper needs to have a good sense of color and design, and they have to have experience working with outdoor environments. Along with color and design experience, they also need strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate with customers and other team members throughout a project.
- Who does Landscaper work with?
- A Landscaper typically works under the direction of Professional Grounds Managers, completing various tasks to achieve functional outdoor areas with pleasant landscaping features like gardens or nature trails in commercial facilities and residential buildings.