IT Director responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all technology operations and evaluating them according to established goals
- Devising and establishing IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyzing the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
We are looking for an experienced IT Director to oversee all IT (Information Technology) functions in our company. You will be in charge of a team of IT managers and manage the company’s technology operations and the implementation of new IT systems and policies.
An excellent IT director is very knowledgeable in IT and computer systems. They have a solid technical background while able to manage and motivate people. The ideal candidate will be experienced in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet objectives.
The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time and specifications of the company.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. network security) and evaluate them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software
- Inspect the use of technological equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Identify the need for upgrades, configurations or new systems and report to upper management
- Coordinate IT managers and supervise computer scientists, technicians and other professionals to provide guidance
- Control budget and report on expenditure
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
- Proven experience as IT director or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus