Internal promotion announcement email
Use this email template to inform your employees about an internal promotion or transfer. An HR team member or the hiring manager can send this email to:
- Inform staff about the transfer or promotion, so that they’re all aware of the employee’s new role and responsibilities.
- Share the excitement of seeing colleagues grow within the company and congratulate them on their contribution so far.
- Send the message to all employees that your organization supports internal movements and promotions.
Keep this email brief, but make sure to add any important details. For example, if the employee is starting their new job at an office in a different location, mention when they’ll be leaving their current office.
Email subject line: Welcoming [Employee’s name] to [team / department]
I’m very pleased to announce that [Employee’s name] is [moving to Marketing to work as our new Social Media Analyst / being promoted to Senior Account Manager].
In the past [2 years], [Employee’s name] has achieved great things in [previous team/department] helping us [maintain a fully functional website / provide excellent customer support]. Now, [he/she/they] will bring [his/her/their] knowledge and experience to [build new mobile apps / expand our customer base through new marketing channels].
Please join me in congratulating [Employee’s name] and wishing [him/her/them] best luck in [his/her/their] new role.
[Your email signature]
- Guide: How to manage your internal hiring process
- Company policy: Internal job posting
- Email template: New employee announcement