Use this Information Security Analyst job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Information Security Analyst responsibilities include:
- Monitoring computer networks for security issues
- Investigating security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents
- Installing security measures and operating software
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Information Security Analyst to join our team. This person will always be looking for ways to better secure networks against ever-increasing threats.
An Information Security Analyst’s responsibilities include monitoring networks for potential threats, installing software that protects from online vulnerabilities, documenting breaches and reporting issues so they can be adequately handled.
Ultimately, you will install software such as firewalls to protect computers and monitor networks for any signs of intrusion while maintaining a working knowledge of new threats to cybersecurity.
- Protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Upgrade systems to enable security software
- Install and upgrade antivirus software
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Perform penetration testing
- Analyze IT requirements and provide objective advice on the use of IT security requirements
- Gather feedback from end-users to continue improving systems
- Proven work experience as an Information Security Analyst or similar role
- Proficient with MAC and OS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced with penetration testing and techniques
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities
- MBA in Information Systems preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Information Security Analyst do?
Information Security Analysts are responsible for installing software, such as firewalls, and planning measures to protect an organization's computer networks.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Information Security Analyst?
Information Security Analysts are in charge of protecting information from potential data breaches. They use software to track who is accessing what and know when to be concerned about someone looking at private files on an organization’s network.
What makes a good Information Security Analyst?
An Information Security Analyst needs a great deal of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills to prevent hacking on a computer network. They also need to have strong leadership skills to identify and evaluate potential risks and develop solutions.
Who does an Information Security Analyst work with?
An Information Security Analyst typically works with a team of other Analysts to protect an organization’s network. In addition, they may need to work with Computer Security Specialists depending on the needs of their organization.