Use this HVAC Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
HVAC Technician responsibilities include:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing ventilation and air conditioning systems and equipment
- Identifying maintenance risks on equipment
- Diagnosing electrical and mechanical faults for HVAC systems
We are looking for a detail-oriented HVAC Technician to help us install, maintain and repair heating/cooling systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in cleaning air quality equipment and performing maintenance procedures as well as providing emergency repairs when necessary.
HVAC Technician responsibilities include talking with customers about their HVAC needs, performing maintenance and installations as needed and prioritizing calls based on business goals.
Ultimately, you will work with customers to ensure their HVAC units run smoothly at all times and perform necessary installations and repairs.
- Discuss various options with clients when it comes to heating and cooling systems
- Troubleshoot issues with a current system as they are identified
- Conduct performance tests with specialized tools and adjust system settings
- Travel to different homes and businesses throughout the day and determine problems
- Categorize and organize inventory to limit unnecessary losses to the company
- Proven work experience as an HVAC Technician or similar role
- Current driver’s license and ability to drive a company vehicle
- Required state licensing for HVAC technicians
- Certification or associate’s degree from an HVAC program at a technical school
Frequently asked questions
What does an HVAC Technician do?
An HVAC Technician's job is to install and repair various air quality systems. They locate maintenance problems on equipment and conduct warranty services quickly in case of emergency repairs for certain items like furnaces or water heaters.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an HVAC Technician?
An HVAC Technician is responsible for installing, repairing, and conducting maintenance on equipment like furnaces that require constant care. They also diagnose problems with system integrity so they can be fixed quickly in case there's ever an emergency situation.
What makes a good HVAC Technician?
A good HVAC Technician is more than just a technically knowledgeable individual with experience in the field. They must also possess an amiable personality and excellent communication skills to provide high-quality service that meets or exceeds customer expectations at all times.
Who does an HVAC Technician work with?
Many HVAC Technicians work alone on service calls, but they report to a Supervisor to ensure all service calls are completed in a timely manner.