Employers use video interview software to evaluate candidates virtually; either because they’re in different locations or because hiring teams want to screen applicants before meeting them in person.
Although it’s common to use communication platforms like Skype or Hangouts for these reasons, video interview platforms have emerged recently as a reliable tool. They are used specifically by companies that want to interview job candidates remotely.
Let’s see the benefits of video interviewing and some key features that employers should be looking for when considering a video interview platform for their hiring process.
What are the benefits of video interview software?
When you evaluate candidates through video interviews, you can:
- Connect with top talent from all over the world: You don’t have to limit yourself to local candidates.
- Reduce hiring costs and time to hire: You will save money and time when you schedule onsite interviews only with the candidates who’ve successfully passed the video interview round.
- Evaluate communication and language skills: For roles where these skills are essential, it’s useful to see how candidates communicate and how fluent they’re in a certain language, instead of just relying on their resume.
Learn more about how you can use video interviews in your hiring process.
Which are the most important features of video interview software?
In other words, what’s the difference between video interviewing software and regular communication tools or phone calls?
- Asynchronous interviews. When using video interview software, you don’t have to meet every candidate in real time; you can record questions (once for all candidates) and they can send you their answers at their own convenience. Learn more about the benefits of one-way interviews.
- Structured interviews. By pre-selecting and recording your interview questions by role, you reduce bias, since you ask all candidates the same questions. You can then focus on candidates’ answers and you won’t be influenced by unrelated factors, e.g. small talk as you walk into the interview.
- Hiring team sync. Hiring is not a one-person job. All members of the hiring team can view candidates’ recordings on the video interview platform and make well-rounded hiring decisions.
- ATS integration. When video interviews live inside your recruitment software, it’s easier to organize your entire hiring process. You can review candidates’ skills, schedule video and in-person interviews, and leave feedback without having to switch between platforms.
- How can you invite candidates in a video interview?
- What kind of questions are asked in a video interview?
- How can you conduct video interviews with Workable?
Want more definitions? See our complete library of HR Terms.
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial