Cybersecurity Analyst job description
A Cybersecurity Analyst is a professional who helps design and implement security systems to protect an organization's computer networks from cyber attacks.
Use this Cybersecurity Analyst job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Cybersecurity Analyst responsibilities include:
- Monitoring computer networks for security issues
- Investigating security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents
- Installing security measures and operating software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Analyst to join our team to protect our organization from cyberattacks by monitoring our systems and evaluating threats as they arise.
A Cybersecurity Analyst’s responsibilities include reviewing computer networks and identifying any potential vulnerabilities, installing the necessary software in order to protect it from unauthorized access, and documenting detections so that future breaches can be mitigated efficiently.
Ultimately, you will defend an organization’s computer hardware, software and other systems from theft, loss and other cyberattacks.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Stay current on Information Technology (IT) security trends and news
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security
- Perform penetration testing
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Cybersecurity Analyst or similar role
- Experience in information security or related field
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus and IDPS concepts
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Cybersecurity Analyst do?
Cybersecurity Analysts are the first line of defense against cyberattacks. They defend company hardware, software and networks from malicious hackers by monitoring all aspects of an organization’s IT infrastructure.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Cybersecurity Analyst?
A Cybersecurity Analyst has many responsibilities to ensure the safety of their organization’s IT security, such as monitoring computer networks, installing security software and testing systems for potential vulnerabilities.
What makes a good Cybersecurity Analyst?
A good Cybersecurity Analyst must be an expert with IT security and computer networks to ensure their organization avoids cyberattacks. They also need to have excellent critical thinking skills to understand complex security issues and resolve all threats that could impact the organization.
Who does a Cybersecurity Analyst work with?
Cybersecurity Analysts usually work in a small team with other Analysts, and they also work with Computer Security Specialists to address needs in an organization’s computer system.
Hiring Cybersecurity Analyst job description
Post this Cybersecurity Analyst job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.