Use this Courtesy Clerk job description for advertising your vacancies and finding qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Courtesy Clerk responsibilities include:
- Sweeping and mopping store floors, cleaning restrooms, washing down and organizing shopping carts
- Bagging customers' purchases and helping customers to their cars
- Assisting cashiers to verify prices and other tasks throughout their shift
We are looking to hire a customer-focused Courtesy Clerk to join our retail team and help make our store a pleasant, relaxed environment for shoppers.
A Courtesy Clerk’s responsibilities include attending to customer needs, answering questions, and assisting customers with their purchases.
Ultimately, you will work with other store employees and help customers throughout the day, like carrying purchases to their vehicles and keeping the store clean and organized.
Ultimately, you will be the face of the business, working to make shoppers’ experience enjoyable.
- Help unpack boxes when new shipments arrive
- Keep the parking lot clean and organized
- Process special orders for items that are currently out of stock
- Put price tags or stickers on items
- Perform price checks for cashiers or customers
- Display sales signs on selected shelves or racks
- Assist customers in locating items
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Courtesy Clerk or similar role
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful
- Provide excellent customer service
- Well-groomed, pleasant appearance to provide a great shopping experience for customers
- Excellent communication skills to share information with co-workers and customers
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Courtesy Clerk do?
A Courtesy Clerk is a vital role of any retail store. They are frontline workers responsible for keeping customers happy. A Courtesy Clerk will help customers check out, help bag purchases and carry purchases to the customer’s vehicle as needed.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Courtesy Clerk?
The Courtesy Clerk is responsible for ensuring customers have a positive shopping experience. They are the first point of contact when you enter any retail store, and their duties include checking out items with care while keeping things tidy behind the scenes.
What makes a good Courtesy Clerk?
A successful Courtesy Clerk must have a friendly and positive attitude since they interact directly with customers throughout their shift. In addition, they should be hard-working and knowledgeable about store products to answer customer questions as needed.
Who does a Courtesy Clerk work with?
A Courtesy Clerk typically works near cash registers, and they assist customers with their purchases once they check out. This means a Courtesy Clerk works closely with Cashiers and other retail employees in the store.