Use this Contracts Specialist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Contracts Specialist responsibilities include:
- Negotiating contract agreements for products and services
- Assessing contractor performance to identify the need for amendments of existing contracts
- Preparing and editing contracts between the company and potential clients
We are looking for a Contracts Specialist to join our team and perform various duties, including negotiating terms and conditions, preparing contracts and evaluating bids for our organization.
Contracts Specialist responsibilities include drafting and editing contracts, communicating with vendors and ensuring that our contracts meet all regulatory requirements.
Ultimately, you will work with our legal department and directly with vendors to help draft, edit, and process legal contracts as needed.
- Handle breach of contracts in a timely manner
- Serve as the main liaison with outside contracting representatives
- Develop and implement effective procurement proposals
- Research regulations to ensure contracts are updated and in compliance with laws
- Coordinate with clients to guarantee terms of contracts are fulfilled in compliance with the terms and regulations
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Contracts Specialist or similar role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of procurement regulations, contract documents and legal specifications
- Outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve client complaints and concerns
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Contracts Specialist
Frequently asked questions
What does a Contracts Specialist do?
A Contracts Specialist is a professional who writes, negotiates, and finalizes an organization's contracts with external parties. This person must be able to communicate effectively so they can complete work on time.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Contracts Specialist?
A Contracts Specialist is responsible for drafting contracts, task orders, work requests or any other type of document that would be necessary in order to acquire goods/services from a supplier. They also ensure accuracy by preparing bidding documents before conducting bids.
What makes a good Contracts Specialist?
A good Contracts Specialist must have excellent attention to detail since they are required to include small details into each contract they create. They must also have good communication skills, as they work with a variety of vendors throughout the year.
Who does a Contracts Specialist work with?
A Contracts Specialist typically works closely with Legal Counsel within an organization to ensure contracts meet all regulatory requirements and applicable laws.