Use this Cable Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Cable Technician responsibilities include:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing residential cable infrastructure
- Performing maintenance on existing cabling systems
- Testing newly installed or relocated cables according to company specifications
We are looking for a reliable and organized Cable Technician to join our team and install data and voice cables that connect residential television systems with home routers or other cabled devices such as security cameras.
Cable Technician responsibilities include digging and setting ground cables, working on poles and installing equipment as needed.
Ultimately, you will work with other Cable Technicians to ensure our customers have access to the services they need.
- Installing televisions, cables, routers and IT devices
- Troubleshooting issues with the cable network
- Repairing cable poles and towers
- Ensuring all cables are neatly tied and bundled according to safety regulations
- Completing paperwork such as timesheets, checklists, vehicle inspection reports and service orders
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Cable Technician or similar role
- Ability to install complex internet and television equipment
- Ability to work in cramped and/or high-altitude spaces
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A high school diploma and cable installation training is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Cable Technician do?
- A Cable Technician installs, upgrades and maintains cable services for their customers. They are employed by providers to do this work in a home or business.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Cable Technician?
- A Cable Technician has many responsibilities based on the needs of the current project. They may need to work on tall poles to repair cables or use machinery to dig up ground cables.
- What makes a good Cable Technician?
- A good Cable Technician should be knowledgeable about electricity and electronic equipment to identify issues in the cable network. They should also have strong communication skills to work directly with customers and resolve their issues as needed.
- Who does a Cable Technician work with?
- Cable Technicians typically work with a small group of other Cable Technicians to complete specific projects. They are usually supervised by a General Manager who assigns tasks and oversees the overall quality of work.