This Business Performance Analyst job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
What is a Business Performance Analyst?
A Business Performance Analyst is a vital role within a company that focuses on analyzing various business operations and performances. They scrutinize data and metrics to understand trends and provide actionable insights that help in strategic decision-making and improving overall business efficacy.
What does a Business Performance Analyst do?
A Business Performance Analyst evaluates company data to understand and improve business performance. They define and monitor key metrics, produce reports and forecasts, and offer insights that influence strategies and operations. They are key in helping management understand the impact of their decisions on the company’s success.
Business Performance Analyst responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with department heads to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reports.
- Developing an understanding of business operations and contributing departments.
- Implementing and maintaining reports and dashboards using reporting software.
- Conducting ad-hoc analyses to support internal decision-making.
We are seeking a driven and analytical individual to join our team as a Business Performance Analyst.
In this role, you will work closely with all departments to understand and enhance our business and revenue performance.
Your work will involve defining KPIs, analyzing trends, and providing actionable insights to management. This is a crucial position for influencing strategy and operations, and it requires a keen eye for detail, strong analytical skills, and a comprehensive understanding of business processes.
- Collaborate with department heads and analysts to define KPIs and reports.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, departments, and metrics driving performance.
- Implement and maintain reports and dashboards using reporting software.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly revenue and performance forecasts.
- Create presentations for company leadership.
- Provide support in ad-hoc analysis for senior management decisions.
Requirements and skills
- 1-2 years of experience in business analysis, data analysis, or a related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, Finance, Economics, or a related field.
- Experience with reporting software like Tableau and a working knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel/Google Sheets and MS PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively.
- Strong analytical abilities, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Highly driven, self-motivated, and data-curious with the ability to work as part of a team.
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Business Performance Analyst do?
- A Business Performance Analyst analyzes data and metrics to assess and improve company performance across various departments.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Business Performance Analyst?
- Duties include defining KPIs, creating reports and dashboards, preparing forecasts, and providing data-driven insights to management.
- What makes a good Business Performance Analyst?
- A good Business Performance Analyst is analytical, detail-oriented, an effective communicator, and has a strong understanding of business operations and data analysis tools.
- Who does a Business Performance Analyst work with?
- They work with department heads, analysts, and senior management, often collaborating across various teams to gather data and share insights.