This Business Development Intern job description template is optimized for posting to online job boards or careers pages and is easy to customize for your company.
What is a Business Development Intern?
A Business Development Intern is an entry-level role aimed at individuals eager to learn about and contribute to a company’s sales and market growth strategies. They work under guidance, assisting in identifying and targeting potential clients and preparing for outreach efforts.
What does a Business Development Intern do?
A Business Development Intern assists the sales team by researching and identifying potential clients, segmenting prospects, and preparing for outreach campaigns. They play a supportive role in ensuring the sales team has the right targets for their efforts.
Business Development Intern responsibilities include:
- Filtering company lists to target ideal customer profiles
- Identifying and segmenting prospects based on key research
- Assisting with outbound campaign preparations
- Supporting the Business Development Research team
If you’re a recent graduate or about to complete your studies and are fascinated by technology and sales, our Business Development Internship Program is your opportunity to shine.
In this role, you’ll learn about business development and how a fast-growing sales team operates.
You’ll be part of a team focused on identifying the right people for outreach, using critical thinking and a robust tech stack to contribute to the success of our outbound sales development.
- Filter company lists to select those fitting our ideal customer profile
- Run searches for appropriate contact persons in targeted accounts
- Segment prospects based on compelling events and key research points
- Assist with outbound campaign preparations
- Participate in training sessions, sales meetings, and shadow sales calls and demos
Requirements and skills
- Fluency in English
- Diligence and enthusiasm for quality results
- Affinity for spreadsheets and analytical tasks
- Methodical and analytical thinking
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Business Development Intern do?
- A Business Development Intern assists in identifying and targeting potential clients, preparing outreach campaigns, and contributing to the overall sales strategy.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Business Development Intern?
- Duties include filtering potential clients, identifying contact persons, segmenting prospects, and assisting with campaign preparations.
- What makes a good Business Development Intern?
- A good intern is enthusiastic, diligent, analytical, and has a knack for detail and research, contributing positively to the sales team's efforts.
- Who does a Business Development Intern work with?
- They work with the Business Development Research team and sales professionals, contributing to the identification and targeting of potential clients.
- What skills should a Business Development Intern have?
- They should be analytical, methodical, and have a good understanding of spreadsheets and data analysis.