Budget Manager job description
This Budget Manager job description is optimized with financial and accounting duties to help you attract qualified candidates. This template is also easy to customize and post to online job boards and careers pages.
Budget Manager responsibilities include:
- Designing effective budget models for departments and the entire company
- Analyzing financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
- Presenting annual budgets to senior managers
We are looking for a responsible Budget Manager to develop our company’s budget and oversee its implementation. You will also review budget proposals and prepare financial documents and reports.
Our ideal candidate holds a degree in Accounting or Finance and is familiar with legal regulations of accounting and budgeting. You should combine excellent numeracy skills with the ability to analyze and present complex data. To be successful in this role, you should be able to use critical thinking to create financial forecasts and make budgeting decisions.
Ultimately, you should plan, evaluate, design and implement our company’s budget, ensuring business growth and compliance with the law.
- Design effective budget models for departments and the entire company
- Analyze financial information (e.g. revenues, expenditures and cash management) to ensure all operations are within budget
- Present annual budgets to senior managers
- Review budget requests for approval
- Forecast future budget needs
- Identify variances between actual and budgeted financial results at the end of each reporting period
- Suggest spending improvements that increase profits
- Review the company’s budget for compliance with legal regulations
- Ensure department managers meet budget submission deadlines
- Design and implement effective budgeting policies and procedures
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Budget Manager or Budget Analyst
- Hands-on experience with accounting software and statistical packages
- Knowledge of MS Excel (specifically, advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts)
- Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis
- Excellent numeracy skills with an attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of accounting best practices and regulations
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms
- BSc/MSc degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
Hiring Budget Manager job description
Post this Budget Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.