Use this Banquet Server job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Banquet Server responsibilities include:
- Circulating the room with trays of appetizers and beverages
- Greeting guests as they enter a venue and helping them to find their seats
- Seeing to the comfort of guests through answering questions, taking orders and conveying special instructions
We are looking for a Banquet Server to join our team and ensure our guests are comfortable by serving food and beverages while also answering questions and assisting guests as needed.
Banquet Server responsibilities include serving food and beverages, helping prepare the event space and cleaning up the event space once the affair is complete.
Ultimately, you will work with guests throughout the event to ensure they are comfortable and relaxed during their time at the banquet.
- Direct guests to necessary services and features and lead guests on tours of the location
- Assist with event preparation, set up and closing, including setting up and packing away tables, table cloths and place settings
- Support other staff to ensure guest satisfaction
- Adhere to safety and quality regulations
- Assist with the complete setup and breakdown of the banquet area
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Banquet Server or similar role
- Courteous and attentive to guests
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job, such as staying on your feet, climbing stairs and carrying heavy objects
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and follow instructions
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Banquet Server
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Banquet Server do?
- A Banquet Server serves food and beverages in an enthusiastic manner while being positive toward patrons throughout the event.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Banquet Server?
- A Banquet Server will have many duties throughout an event, but they typically focus on serving food and beverages to patrons, helping prepare for and clean up after the event, and providing prompt and courteous service to all guests.
- What makes a good Banquet Server?
- A good Banquet Server must have excellent customer service skills since they need to ensure all guests are comfortable and receive prompt service throughout the event. They must also be knowledgeable about food and beverages served at the event to provide recommendations and additional information to guests as needed.
- Who does a Banquet Server work with?
- A Banquet Server will work with a team of other Servers throughout an event, and they are typically supervised by a General Manager who sets schedules and oversees the entire event.