Assistant Account Executive Interview Questions
Assistant Account Executives are responsible for performing research to identify client needs and create brand awareness. They work closely with Account Executives to manage sales leads and coordinate marketing projects.
Look for candidates with an academic background in marketing and/or customer service experience. Since this is an entry level role, keep an eye out for candidates who may lack experience, but demonstrate strong communication skills along with a passion for sales.
These examples of Assistant Account Executive interview questions will help you test candidates’ knowledge of basic sales procedures and their desire to learn and evolve in a marketing environment. If you’re looking for more experienced candidates who will manage their own accounts, consult our sample Account Representative interview questions.
Operational and Situational questions
- If you were failing to meet a deadline, what would you tell your manager?
- What are two to three things you would like to tell or ask a client on your first contact with them?
- We would like to create a demo for new clients. What do you think we should include? How would you make the demo more engaging?
- How would you measure client satisfaction?
- Do you have experience using Salesforce? What other CRM software are you familiar with?
- What are the most effective online and offline channels to reach out to potential clients?
- How do you maintain relationships with existing customers?
- Are you familiar with our products/services? What do you think is our market? Who are our competitors?
- Why did you choose to apply for this position? What do you aspire to gain?
- Are you more comfortable communicating by email, phone or in-person? Why?
- Describe a time when you successfully worked on a team project. What was your role?
- How do you handle complaints?