Use this Appointment Setter job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Appointment Setter responsibilities include:
- Accepting calls from prospective clients as they arise
- Calling prospective clients using a list of phone numbers provided to you
- Familiarizing yourself with essential details of our products and services
We are looking for an Appointment Setter to join our team and support our sales team by contacting prospective clients via telephone and email to ensure our sales professionals meet their monthly meeting goals.
An Appointment Setter’s responsibilities include making sure that potential clients might be interested in our products and services, then scheduling a time with each potential client so they can meet one-on-one or in groups with our organization’s Sales Representatives.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to set appointments for our sales team members.
- Field basic questions and concerns about the products and services
- Schedule consultations between the prospective client and a Sales Representative
- Keep a detailed log of calls, including those which were not answered
- Attempt to contact prospective clients who you have been unable to contact
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Appointment Setter or similar role
- Top-notch verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding listening skills and attention to detail
- Excellent phone etiquette
- A professional and courteous disposition
- Persuasive and results-oriented
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Appointment Setter do?
Appointment Setters are professionals who call businesses and individuals to encourage them to make appointments with Sales Representatives.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Appointment Setter?
The Appointment Setter's key responsibilities include finding out if potential clients are interested in products and services, then scheduling a time for Sales Representatives to meet with each potential client.
What makes a good Appointment Setter?
A good Appointment Setter needs to have excellent communication skills since they will be talking with a wide variety of people to schedule appointments for Sales Representatives.
Who does an Appointment Setter work with?
An Appointment Setter works directly with potential customers to schedule appointments for Sales Representatives.