Use this Appliance Service Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Appliance Service Technician responsibilities include:
- Examining customers' appliances and identifying the cause of appliance breakdowns
- Performing maintenance work on customers' appliances
- Providing rough estimates to customers regarding the cost to repair damaged or malfunctioning appliances
We’re looking for an Appliance Service Technician to join our team and help our clients with their appliance repair needs.
An Appliance Service Technician’s responsibilities include responding quickly and efficiently to client requests. In addition, you will be responsible for installing new appliances and fixing any issues during installation or maintenance work.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to help diagnose, test and repair appliances as needed.
- Install, service and repair various household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers and air conditioning units
- Swiftly respond to customer calls regarding issues or malfunctions
- Evaluate and troubleshoot problems
- Provide repair options, estimates and timeframes to customers, taking into account any product warranties
- Complete billing and invoicing paperwork
- Proven work experience as an Appliance Service Technician or similar role
- Sufficient experience in and knowledge of appliance repair and installation
- Postsecondary training from a trade or vocational school preferred
- Customer service and communication skills
- Manual dexterity and physical stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Appliance Service Technician do?
An Appliance Service Technician specializes in installing, adjusting and repairing all things related to home appliances. They offer a wide range of services from refrigerator problems to dryer issues and help their customers as needed.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Appliance Service Technician?
An Appliance Service Technician is responsible for monitoring and servicing systems, diagnosing problems with equipment and running tests on appliances. They also complete reports to document steps towards solving any issues that appear.
What makes a good Appliance Service Technician?
A good Appliance Service Technician must have a deep knowledge of different appliances to diagnose and fix issues that arise for their customers.
Who does an Appliance Service Technician work with?
Appliance Service Technicians typically work alone in the field, but they are supervised by a General Manager who assigns them tasks throughout the day and ensures that customers receive high-quality service.