Appliance Repair Service Technician job description
An Appliance Repair Service Technician is a professional who diagnoses appliance issues and repairs broken components as needed.
Use this Appliance Repair Service Technician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Appliance Repair Service Technician responsibilities include:
- Examining customers' appliances and identifying the cause of appliance breakdowns
- Performing maintenance work on customers' appliances
- Providing rough estimates to customers on costs required to repair damaged or malfunctioning appliances
We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Appliance Repair Service Technician to join our team. In this position, you will respond to calls from customers that require service or answer questions about the functioning of new appliances.
An Appliance Repair Service Technician’s responsibilities include having a deep understanding of all major appliances and fixing problems quickly. In addition, they should be familiar with diagnostic techniques for pinpointing what could be causing an issue and have excellent problem-solving skills to fix all issues promptly.
Ultimately, you will work directly with customers to diagnose and fix issues with major home appliances.
- Visit clients’ homes and identify problems with their appliances
- Disassemble and reassemble appliances
- Diagnose and replace faulty parts
- Explain to clients how to use appliances properly
- Install large appliances for clients, including washers, ovens and dishwashers
- Bill customers and collect payments as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Appliance Repair Service Technician or similar role
- Proven experience repairing, installing and maintaining home appliances
- The ability to use various hand tools
- The ability to stand for extended periods
- The ability to lift heavy objects
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Appliance Repair Service Technician do?
Appliance Repair Service Technicians work with homeowners to fix their broken appliances. In addition, they help install and adjust new appliances, and they offer repair services for many appliances like refrigerators, dryers and washing machines.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Appliance Repair Service Technician?
An Appliance Repair Service Technician’s primary responsibilities are to monitor and service systems, diagnose problems with equipment, run tests on machines and report back if they find anything wrong with a customer’s appliance.
What makes a good Appliance Repair Service Technician?
A good Appliance Repair Service Technician needs to have great problem-solving skills to diagnose and repair appliances quickly. They also need to have great communication skills to communicate with customers as needed.
Who does an Appliance Repair Service Technician work with?
An Appliance Repair Service Technician typically works alone but communicates directly with their clients. They are supervised by a Manager who assigns them tasks and ensures they maintain a high level of customer service.
Hiring Appliance Repair Service Technician job description
Post this Appliance Repair Service Technician job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.