This Android Developer job description template is optimized for posting in online job boards or careers pages. It is easy to customize with development skills that you’re looking to add to your company’s mobile app development efforts.
Android Developer Responsibilities
- Designing and developing advanced applications for the Android platform
- Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Bug fixing and improving application performance
Hiring an Android developer? Sign up for Workable’s 15-day free trial to post this job and hire better, faster.
We are looking for an Android Developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. This Android app developer will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our mobile applications. Android programming works closely with other app development and technical teams.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work with outside data sources and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development
- Proven working experience in Android app development and
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Experience with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.