Use this Aerospace Engineer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Aerospace Engineer responsibilities include:
- Using mathematical, scientific and engineering principles to design, repair and improve air and spacecraft component parts, facilities, materials, safety regulations and manufacturing processes
- Researching and analyzing information to develop designs and solve problems
- Testing aircraft, rockets and spacecraft to find and correct potential problems and to ensure compliance with quality, safety and functionality requirements
We are looking for an Aerospace Engineer to join our team to develop designs for new aircraft and repair and review existing aircraft.
Aerospace Engineer responsibilities include drafting proposals for new aircraft designs, testing new materials and prototypes for future production and reviewing the results to develop new products and parts for our aircraft.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of Engineers to improve the performance of our existing aircraft and help us develop innovative aircraft technologies.
- Design and assemble control panels, propulsion systems, guiding systems, computer systems and other necessary parts and systems
- Review, develop and improve production methods, facilities and safety regulations
- Coordinate activities with production, research, testing and other departments to optimize safety and efficiency
- Develop safety and quality standards, budgets and timelines and ensure projects comply with these regulations
- Write design proposals, reports, manuals and other technical documents
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Aerospace Engineer or similar role
- Strong understanding of materials, mathematics, science, thermodynamics, mechanics, robotics, aerodynamics, production methods and potential safety and functionality problems and solutions
- Excellent research, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, project management and planning expertise
- Proficiency with computers
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering is required
Frequently asked questions
What does an Aerospace Engineer do?
Aerospace Engineers work with commercial and military aircraft to ensure the aircraft operate as needed. They also work with various materials and prototypes to help develop new aircraft technologies to advance the field of aeronautics.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Aerospace Engineer?
An Aerospace Engineer will have many duties depending on the project, but they typically coordinate designing, testing and manufacturing aerospace products in military and commercial aircraft.
What makes a good Aerospace Engineer?
An Aerospace Engineer must have excellent analytical skills to run complicated tests for aerospace products. They must also have good communication skills to share their findings with their team and present information to various stakeholders in an organization.
Who does an Aerospace Engineer work with?
An Aerospace Engineer will work with a variety of Engineers, such as Electrical Engineers, to address the specific needs of a project.