Use this Solution Architect job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Solution Architect responsibilities include:
- Building and integrating information systems to meet the company’s needs
- Assessing the systems architecture currently in place and working with technical staff to recommend solutions to improve it
- Resolving technical problems as they arise
We are looking for a Solution Architect to join our team and implement systems architecture to help solve our organization’s network problems.
Solution Architect responsibilities include testing and integrating program software systems to address and solve specific business problems within an organization.
Ultimately, you will work with the organization’s leaders to identify problems and then work with our IT Team to address those problems with innovative software solutions.
- Designing, modifying, and testing technical architecture
- Provide supervision and guidance to development teams
- Continually research the current and emerging technologies and propose changes where needed
- Inform various stakeholders about any issues with the current technical solutions being implemented
- Assess the business impact that certain technical choices have
- Provide updates to stakeholders on product development processes, costs and budgets
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Solution Architect or similar role
- Previous project management experience is advantageous
- In-depth understanding of coding languages
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases
- Efficient communication skills
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Solution Architect do?
Solution Architects are responsible for evaluating an organization's business needs and determining how IT can support those wants with software, hardware or infrastructure. This includes looking at the system as a whole, including information security architecture or application design and development needed to efficiently fulfill user demands.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Solution Architect?
The duties of a Solution Architect will vary depending on the needs of the organization, but they typically evaluate the needs of an organization and determine how IT can utilize software, hardware, and infrastructure to address those needs.
What makes a good Solution Architect?
A good Solution Architect must have excellent analytical skills to understand the needs of an organization and find solutions to help move the organization forward. They also must have good communication skills as they work with the organization’s leadership and IT professionals throughout a project.
Who does a Solution Architect work with?
Solution Architects typically work with a team of IT Technicians to develop software and hardware solutions for problems within an organization.