Use this Shipping Clerk job description for advertising your vacancies and finding qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Shipping Clerk responsibilities include:
- Recording order details on the computer system
- Labeling package with all vital information
- Monitoring inventory and ordering more units as needed
We are looking for a Shipping Clerk to join our team to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all products we ship to our customers.
A Shipping Clerk’s responsibilities include recording every detail of the order, from packing items into containers to labeling them. They are also accountable for ensuring that each package gets shipped correctly and timely to avoid missing deliveries or lost goods!
Ultimately, you will work with our warehouse team to ensure items are labeled and packed correctly for shipping.
- Obtain and process product orders
- Receive, register and distributing packages and letters within the company
- Maintain the company stockroom through organizing, cleaning, and cataloging items
- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items
- Ensure the staff on hand can manage all incoming shipments
- Keep files of goods shipped and received
- Prepare regular shipping and receiving reports for managers
- Handle issues arising in shipping or inventory handling
- Ensure adherence to environmental management and systems
- Proven work experience as a Shipping Clerk or similar role
- Ability to lift items and containers
- Flexibility to work different hours throughout the week as needed
- Ability to multitask and pay close attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- A high school qualification or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Shipping Clerk do?
A Shipping Clerk's job is to make sure that the shipment of all products, materials and all supplies are in order. This individual works with logistics technicians who will help them track outgoing shipments as well so you can keep an eye out for when your goods arrive!
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Shipping Clerk?
The Shipping Manager is responsible for the shipment of all products, materials and supplies. They collaborate with logistics technicians to track, trace and update the status of outgoing shipments to ensure customers receive their packages in a timely manner.
What makes a good Shipping Clerk?
Shipping Clerks must be physically fit to pull, pack, and lift heavy packages throughout their shift. They must have good written and verbal communication skills to work with managers throughout the warehouse and employees on the floor. They must also work independently and remain organized to ensure packages are appropriately tracked.
Who does a Shipping Clerk work with?
Shipping Clerks work with other managers to review invoices and retrieve products. They may be responsible for operating warehouse equipment like scales or conveyor belts and support other Warehouse Workers as needed.