Use this Salesforce Administrator job description for advertising your vacancies and finding qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Salesforce Administrator responsibilities include:
- Ensuring optimal performance of Salesforce systems and products
- Upgrading and configuring Salesforce systems for optimized integration
- Managing Salesforce roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups
We are looking for a Salesforce Administrator to join our team to ensure our company capitalizes on the benefits offered by this innovative CRM system.
Salesforce Administrator responsibilities include creating user accounts, maintaining our sales databases and training staff on the effective use of Salesforce products.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team of IT professionals to ensure our organization utilizes different tools and capabilities offered by Salesforce effectively and efficiently.
- Oversee all aspects of user and license management, including new user setup/deactivation, roles, profiles, permissions and public groups
- Resolve user support tickets
- Identify and gather requirements from users and stakeholders
- Support team members and monitor user adoption of Salesforce tools in our organization
- Provide ongoing user training and create training materials as needed
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Salesforce Administrator or similar role
- Salesforce certified administrator or Salesforce advanced administrator certification
- Extensive experience in the administration and maintenance of Salesforce systems
- Experience in performing Salesforce upgrades and ensuring successful integration
- Exceptional ability to create and maintain Salesforce databases
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce products and their functionalities
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science is preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Salesforce Administrator do?
- A Salesforce Administrator oversees the management and optimization of Salesforce systems, ensuring efficient utilization and integration of the CRM platform within the organization.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Salesforce Administrator?
- The duties of a Salesforce Administrator include user and license management, resolving support tickets, gathering requirements from users and stakeholders, supporting team members, providing training, and maintaining Salesforce databases.
- What makes a good Salesforce Administrator?
- A good Salesforce Administrator possesses extensive experience in Salesforce administration, certifications in Salesforce administration or advanced administration, strong technical skills, in-depth knowledge of Salesforce products, and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders.
- Who does a Salesforce Administrator work with?
- A Salesforce Administrator works with a small team of IT professionals, stakeholders, users, and may report to a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) or other relevant managers.
- What skills should a Salesforce Administrator have?
- A Salesforce Administrator should have proven work experience in Salesforce administration, Salesforce certifications, expertise in managing and maintaining Salesforce systems, proficiency in Salesforce tools and functionalities, strong database management skills, and preferably a bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field.