Use this salary negotiation email template to discuss your compensation and benefits package with potential hires.
When extending a job offer to a candidate, be prepared for salary negotiations. Depending on the candidate’s qualifications, how hard it is to fill this role and your budget, you could be open to negotiating higher compensation and/or a better benefits package with your best candidate.
The following salary negotiation email sample template will give you an idea of how to re-address salary and benefits with potential hires. You can customize this template to include compensation, bonuses and perks you’re willing to offer.
Email subject line: [Company_name] Job Offer / Job Offer from [Company_name]
We are pleased you’re considering our job offer for the [Job_title] position. We’ve discussed your requests with the Head of [e.g. Engineering] department and our Finance team and we’ve decided to extend our initial offer with:
- A [e.g. 5%] increase in the annual compensation to a new [mention the new salary] salary
- A signing bonus of $X
- Flexibility to work from home two days/week or commute reimbursement
- Company stock options
- Re-negotiation of compensation and benefits package after an early performance review [e.g. six months after start date]
Please consider the above offer and reply by [date.] In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [provide contact details.]
We look forward to hearing from you.
- Tutorial: Salary negotiation tips for employers
- Employee Handbook Template: Employee Compensation and Development
Looking for an all-in-one recruiting solution? Workable can improve candidate sourcing, interviewing and applicant tracking for a streamlined hiring process. Sign up for our 15-day free trial today.Get a free trial