Use this Program Assistant job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Program Assistant responsibilities include:
- Providing administrative duties to support their team in completing projects efficiently and within budget
- Answering phone calls as needed
- Responding to emails from vendors, partners and others on behalf of other departments
We are looking for a Program Assistant to join our team and provide a variety of administrative duties in order to help our team complete projects on-time and within budget.
Program Assistant responsibilities include answering phone calls, responding to emails and scheduling meetings.
Ultimately, you will work on several projects at once and provide support for different departments as needed.
- Manage the Program Manager’s calendar
- Process payments for vendors and suppliers
- Attend staff meetings and take minutes
- Respond to emails and answer phone calls
- Maintain office calendars and send out appointment reminders
- Type letters and reports as required
- Compile and send bulk mailings
- Proofread and make copies of documents
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Program Assistant or similar role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized to oversee several projects at once
- Excellent computer literacy
- Professional telephone and email etiquette
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Program Assistant
Frequently asked questions
What does a Program Assistant do?
A Program Assistant is a key player in supporting their team members day-to-day. They provide administrative and logistical assistance, such as answering phones and processing financial documents.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Program Assistant?
A Program Assistant will have many duties, such as answering phone calls, responding to emails and filing documents as needed.
What makes a good Program Assistant?
A good Program Assistant must be highly organized since they will oversee several projects at a time. They also need strong communication skills, as they will work with a number of different team members and departments.
Who does a Program Assistant work with?
A Program Assistant works with a number of people throughout a project, and they are supervised by a Program Manager to help coordinate projects across an organization.