Use this Program Analyst job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Program Analyst responsibilities include:
- Analyzing an organization’s computer programs to ensure efficiency
- Conducting research, analyzing data, identifying trends and preparing reports
- Determining program requirements and making recommendations for an organization’s computer programs
We are looking for a Program Analyst to join our team and support the IT Department in planning and managing operations and processes. In this role, you will be responsible for providing guidance on all aspects of implementing programs from start to finish.
Program Analyst responsibilities include conducting research, analyzing complex data sets and systems and identifying trends in order to provide recommendations that will help shape programs.
Ultimately, you will work with our IT Department to ensure our organization’s computer programs and systems are running efficiently and effectively throughout the year.
- Analyze programs, policies, procedures and systems and make recommendations for optimization
- Draft new or revised policies and procedures for our organization’s computer programs
- Assist program managers with the development of budgets and schedules, as well as tracking metrics
- Assess and advise on potential issues related to costs, schedules and performance
- Counsel program managers with regard to planning, testing and implementing new programs or systems
- Identify and resolve IT issues and problems
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Program Analyst or similar role
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Advanced computer expertise and knowledge of multiple databases and software systems
- Ability to collect and analyze complex sets of data
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Program Analyst
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Program Analyst do?
- A Program Analyst is a key member of the IT team. They provide input on which systems should be implemented, recommend changes and updates to optimize performance, as well as identify any issues before they arise.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Program Analyst?
- A Program Analyst will have many duties depending on where they work, but they typically focus on determining the requirements of each system, suggesting and enhancing programs accordingly, and identifying any issues that occur in these systems.
- What makes a good Program Analyst?
- A good Program Analyst must have excellent problem-solving skills, as they will be responsible for understanding issues and finding solutions for the organization. They also need good communication skills since they work with a variety of IT professionals throughout the year.
- Who does a Program Analyst work with?
- A Program Analyst will work with many departments, but they work directly with IT Technicians to assess and solve problems with the organization’s computer programs and systems.