Production Coordinator Job Description
A Production Coordinator is a professional who works on TV and movie sets to organize catering and supervise production assistants while also enforcing strict schedules for crew members.
Use this Production Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Production Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Informing cast members about call times and any schedule changes
- Maintaining the production budget
- Organizing catering for shoots
We are looking for a Production Coordinator to join our team and take care of all aspects on the set, including scheduling and overseeing clerical tasks.
Production Coordinator’s responsibilities include organizing catering for crew members, answering phone calls and ensuring that cast members are aware of their call times.
Ultimately, you will work with cast and crew members to ensure production schedules are maintained as needed.
- Set up and run the production office
- Supervise production assistants
- Manage all communication systems, including phones and emails
- Manage schedules, including sending daily and weekly schedules and communicating schedule changes
- Communicate the schedule to the crew
- Coordinate transportation needs
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Production Coordinator or similar role
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Prior experience in the film industry
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible work hours
- Experience with administrative tasks
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Production Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
What does a Production Coordinator do?
Production Coordinators oversee all administrative aspects of a TV or movie set by setting up all equipment, supplies and staff needed for a successful shoot.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Production Coordinator?
A Production Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day operations on set, including preparing and updating crew lists. They let transportation captains know what's needed before organizing couriers or shipping companies to ensure everything goes smoothly during filming.
What makes a good Production Coordinator?
A good Production Coordinator must have excellent organizational skills since they are responsible for many aspects of the production process. They must also have good communication skills, as they work with various crew and cast members throughout the production process.
Who does a Production Coordinator work with?
A Production Coordinator will work with many crew members, such as a Production Assistant, to ensure cast members maintain a strict deadline schedule
Hiring Production Coordinator Job Description
Post this Production Coordinator Job Description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.