Produce Clerk job description
A Produce Clerk is a professional who is responsible for ensuring that the grocery store maintains its cleanliness, safety and appeal to customers. Duties include organizing items on shelves, removing expired products from displays and assisting shoppers in their daily needs.
Use this Produce Clerk job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Produce Clerk responsibilities include:
- Greeting customers and assisting them with questions and recommendations
- Maintaining inventory levels, ordering stock, receiving deliveries and noting discrepancies
- Stocking produce and rotating fresh fruit and vegetables
We are looking for an energetic, friendly and dependable person to fill the position of Produce Clerk. The ideal candidate should be able to lift heavy boxes filled with fresh fruit or vegetables, perform physical tasks like climbing ladders, work long hours standing on their feet and have excellent customer service skills to interact with customers throughout their shift.
A Produce Clerk’s responsibilities include making sure that the produce is always fresh and in good condition. They inspect what the store sells, checking to be sure it has no defects before preparing an arrangement of their choice on store shelves.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for the quality of produce displayed in our store and ensuring a great shopping experience for our customers.
- Replenish stock and goods on display shelves throughout your shift
- Rotate products and goods according to the company’s instructions
- Ensure the quality of produce on store shelves
- Greet customers with a smile and provide them with answers to their questions
- Help customers navigate their way through the store and find the produce they need
- Remove expired products from the display in a timely manner
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Produce Clerk or similar role
- Experience in safe food handling in a grocery store
- Basic knowledge of produce and grocery items
- Determine when produce is expired
- Strong sense of hygiene and cleanliness
- Ensure a safe and pleasant shopping experience for customers
- Being helpful and enthusiastic to provide great customer service to shoppers
- High school diploma/GED preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Produce Clerk do?
Produce Clerks ensure that the grocery store always looks clean and presentable. Duties include organizing items on shelves for easy access in an aesthetically pleasing manner by removing expired products from displays or assisting customers with their daily shopping needs while also bagging up any purchases made at checkout lanes.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Produce Clerk?
A Produce Clerk is responsible for ensuring that the grocery store remains clean, safe, and appealing to its customers. Duties include organizing items on shelves, removing expired products from displays, assisting shoppers in their daily needs by bagging purchases made at checkout stands or weighing them if needed.
What makes a good Produce Clerk?
A successful Produce Clerk must have excellent oral communication, leadership skills and good customer service. They should also be able to stand on their feet for long periods without feeling too tired or uncomfortable.
Who does a Produce Clerk work with?
A Produce Clerk typically works under the supervision of their Store Manager. They also work directly with shoppers throughout the day, and they will coordinate with other store employees as needed.
Hiring Produce Clerk job description
Post this Produce Clerk job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.