Use this Procurement Specialist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Procurement Specialist responsibilities include:
- Researching and identifying prospective suppliers
- Liaising with internal project teams and maintaining strong supplier relations
- Evaluating products and suppliers according to key business criteria
We are looking for a Procurement Specialist to join our team and help manage our organization’s procurement needs.
Procurement Specialist responsibilities include researching new suppliers, ensuring that all purchased products and materials meet our specifications, and negotiating with vendors as needed.
Ultimately, you will work with leaders in our organization to understand the needs of our organization and ensure we achieve our supply goals in a timely manner.
- Prepare proposals, request quotes and negotiate purchase terms and conditions
- Prepare and issue purchase orders and agreements
- Monitor supplier performance and resolve issues and concerns
- Inspect and evaluate the quality of purchased items and resolve shortcomings
- Analyze industry and demand trends and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Procurement Specialist or similar role
- Good working knowledge of purchasing strategies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and with business application software, purchasing and resource planning systems
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management or a similar field preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Procurement Specialist do?
The Procurement Specialist ensures that the company's materials and products meet all of their specifications. They locate key suppliers and negotiate purchasing agreements with them on behalf of clients to get higher quality goods at the lowest prices possible.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Procurement Specialist?
A Procurement Specialist will have many duties, but they typically focus on locating suppliers, negotiating prices, and ensuring that all products and services purchased meet the organization’s specifications.
What makes a good Procurement Specialist?
A good Procurement Specialist must have good communication skills since they will work with a number of vendors and suppliers to ensure their organization’s supply needs are met. They also need to be detail-oriented since they will oversee several projects at a time.
Who does a Procurement Specialist work with?
A Procurement Specialist will work with many leaders in an organization. Still, they are typically supervised by the COO, who ensures the organization’s supply needs are met in a timely manner and within the allocated budget.