Use this Portfolio Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Portfolio Manager responsibilities include:
- Generating an investment policy statement outlining our clients’ investment objectives
- Constructing successful investment portfolios informed by market conditions and economic trends
- Buying and selling securities in client accounts to maintain a specific investment strategy or to reach an investment objective
We are looking for a Portfolio Manager who will assess our clients’ risk tolerance and perform significant market research to develop portfolios that maximize their financial gains.
A Portfolio Manager’s responsibilities include crafting investment packages and managing client expectations and transactions to achieve our clients’ overall objectives.
Ultimately, you will work directly with clients to help them understand investment opportunities by setting client expectations, overseeing transactions and helping them reach their goals.
- Provide client consultation to develop investment objectives
- Provide advice and guidance for investment opportunities to customers
- Create reports on investment performance and activity
- Communicate with clients about their accounts, market conditions and economic trends
- Manage equity and bond portfolios to maximize investment returns
- Commensurate acceptable levels of risk based on client instructions
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Portfolio Manager or similar role
- Strong understanding of investment strategies and risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Master’s degree in business, finance, investment or a related field preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Portfolio Manager do?
A Portfolio Manager is a financial professional who oversees investment opportunities for their clients. They do this by implementing investment strategies, analyzing market trends and identifying new opportunities for clients to invest in.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Portfolio Manager?
The responsibilities of a Portfolio Manager vary based on their clients, but typically they build and analyze economic reports, develop investment objectives, and communicate with clients about market conditions.
What makes a good Portfolio Manager?
A good Portfolio Manager needs to have analytical skills to review complex economic reports. They also need strong communication skills to share complex information with their clients.
Who does a Portfolio Manager work with?
A Portfolio Manager usually works with a team of Financial Analysts to oversee the daily management of investment portfolios for individuals and larger institutions.