Payroll Administrator job description
Payroll Administrators are responsible for the upkeep and management of a company's payroll. They calculate wages and ensure that employees' salaries get paid correctly and on schedule.
Use this Payroll Administrator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Payroll Administrator responsibilities include:
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings and deductions
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting and reviewing timesheets
- Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll-related matters
We are looking for an efficient Payroll Administrator to join our team who will be responsible for all aspects of managing employee salary data, ensuring timesheets are accurate and payments are made on time. The ideal candidate will manage both incoming as well outgoing W-2 forms in order to be compliant with tax season deadlines.
Payroll Administrator responsibilities include managing all aspects of payroll, and they must accomplish required tasks promptly.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of payroll specialists to ensure documents are organized and payroll-related items are handled appropriately.
- Administer payroll for employees
- Prepare reports for weekly, quarterly and yearly reviews
- Review and abide by company policies and procedures
- Make sure account balances are correct
- Resolve payroll errors
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Payroll Administrator or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software programs
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Degree in business administration, finance or accounting preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Payroll Administrator do?
Payroll Administrators ensure that employees are receiving their rightfully deserved wages. They help team members with processes like addressing changes and adjustments to their paychecks.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Payroll Administrator?
Payroll Administrators have a wide range of responsibilities like issuing and distributing paychecks, managing direct deposits and payroll deductions for garnishments if necessary.
What makes a good Payroll Administrator?
A good Payroll Administrator must have excellent organizational skills since they oversee employee payroll information, and they must have good communication skills since they work with employees across the company.
Who does a Payroll Administrator work with?
A Payroll Administrator will work with other payroll specialists like a Payroll Clerk to ensure compensation packages and employee paychecks are distributed.
Hiring Payroll Administrator job description
Post this Payroll Administrator job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.