Use this Packer job description for advertising your vacancies and finding qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Packer responsibilities include:
- Packing, weighing, and labeling completed items for shipment or storage
- Following all company guidelines regarding packaging
- Handling inventory with care and attention to detail
We are looking for a Packer to join our team to ensure products are shipped quickly and safely.
Packers must also be able to seal each container, use hand tools and adhesives to protect the package from harm during transportation and observe all company safety standards.
Ultimately, you will work in a fast-paced environment, and you will be responsible for the wellbeing and accuracy of items shipped to our customers.
- Pack, weigh and label completed items for shipment or storage
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging to ensure items arrive at their destination
- Identify and dispose of defective items before they are shipped to customers
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Packer or similar role
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Packer do?
- A Packer has a variety of tasks to complete when packing items for shipment. Packer's work primarily consists of checking inventory and wrapping products before they are shipped out, usually by an assigned area or shift shared among all packers.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Packer?
- Additionally, packers prepare the finished products for shipment in a warehouse environment.
- What makes a good Packer?
- Successful Packers need to be physically fit, stand for an extended period, and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. They also must be reliable and punctual with their start and end times.
- Who does a Packer work with?
- Packers typically work on teams with other Packers on the floor of a warehouse or distribution center. They work under the direct supervision of their Shift Manager.