Use this Order Filler job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Order Filler responsibilities include:
- Collecting order notes to fulfill deliveries
- Selecting ordered items from storage shelves or rooms using barcodes and serial numbers
- Securely shrink-wrapping items before packing them in envelopes or boxes
We are looking for an Order Filler to join our team to read incoming orders and select the right products from the warehouse to be staged for delivery.
Order Filler responsibilities include operating heavy machinery as needed, updating inventory counts in the inventory system and moving products throughout the warehouse to the staging area.
Ultimately, you will work with a small team of Order Fillers and other warehouse staff to ensure customer orders are fulfilled correctly.
- Operate handling equipment according to industrial safety regulations
- Load delivery vehicles as needed
- Update stock inventory after each item is retrieved
- Manage stock control, including item replenishment and storage
- Perform general warehouse duties as necessary
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Order Filler or similar role
- Ability to lift heavy objects and stand on your feet for extended periods of time
- Operate computer systems to update the inventory management system as needed
- Relevant training and/or certifications in Order Fulfillment
Frequently asked questions
What does an Order Filler do?
Order Fillers are responsible for ensuring that customers receive their orders on time. They work with the warehouse team and make arrangements to ensure inventory is never out-of-stock or delayed in shipment.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Order Filler?
Order Fillers have a variety of duties, but they typically focus on retrieving and packing inventory from the warehouse based on orders that the warehouse receives. They may also work with the organization’s inventory management system to update items that are out-of-stock or need to be reordered.
What makes a good Order Filler?
A good Order Filler needs to be physically fit since they will be moving throughout the warehouse during their shift. They must also be detail-oriented, as they will inspect incoming orders and ensure the right products are placed in boxes to be shipped to the respective customers.
Who does an Order Filler work with?
Order Fillers typically work in small teams to complete their tasks and are supervised by a Warehouse Manager who sets schedules and oversees the quality of work throughout the shift.