Use this Mover job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Mover responsibilities include:
- Loading, packing and unloading items with care
- Ensuring that no items are damaged while moving
- Wrapping furniture in protective material
We are looking for a Mover to join our team and help load and unload furniture and other items between various locations.
Mover responsibilities include loading and unloading furniture from our moving trucks and ensuring that all items are moved undamaged.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of other Movers to pack and unpack client homes while following all established procedures and protecting the furniture and other home goods from damage.
- Deliver and set-up furniture inside client homes, as required or requested
- Respond to inquiries and requests from clients in a professional manner
- Collect furniture from residential or commercial locations
- Protect all donated furniture from damage through established best practices
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Mover or similar role
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects throughout the day
- Punctual and professional attitude
- A high school qualification or equivalent would be preferable
- A valid driver’s license would be advantageous
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Mover
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Mover do?
- Movers are manual labor workers who help customers in their businesses or homes by transporting items from one place to another.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Mover?
- The primary responsibility of a Mover is to ensure no items are damaged while moving. They need to load, unload, pack items with care, wrap the furniture in protective material and take inventory throughout the day.
- What makes a good Mover?
- A good Mover must be physically fit since they are required to lift heavy objects and stand on their feet for long periods of time. They also need to be detail-oriented since they must deliver objects undamaged and log inventory throughout the day.
- Who does a Mover work with?
- A Mover will typically work with a small team to deliver furniture and other objects to their destination. They are usually supervised by a General Manager who will set schedules and ensure customers are satisfied with each job.