Use this Mail Processor job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Mail Processor responsibilities include:
- Sending and receiving mail
- Distributing mail throughout the organization
- Stocking the mailroom
We are looking for a detail-oriented, hardworking Mail Processor who has experience in shipping and receiving to support our company’s operations. In addition, you should have basic arithmetic skills and your own driver’s license to meet the qualifications of this position.
A Mail Processor’s responsibilities include keeping records, writing reports and calculating rates.
Ultimately, you will sort incoming and outgoing mail and make frequent stops at remote locations.
- Unloading trucks, moving mail bags, weighing incoming sacks
- Operating forklifts
- Maintaining mailroom supplies
- Packing promotional material
- Distributing mail to different carriers
- Calling courier services
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Mail Processor or similar role
- Basic computer skills
- Basic arithmetic skills
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
Frequently asked questions
- What does a Mail Processor do?
- A Mail Processor manages incoming and outgoing mail, works with mail processing machines and mechanized dumpers, and keeps working spaces clean.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of a Mail Processor?
- Mail Processors ensure that an organization’s mail gets where it needs to go quickly and efficiently. They use machinery, like conveyor belts or sortation systems for this purpose; some even work with trucks that deliver the parceled bulk of incoming letters directly to their recipients.
- What makes a good Mail Processor?
- A good Mail Processor needs to have excellent attention to detail to organize and deliver mail properly. They should also be in good physical condition with the ability to walk, bend, and pick up mail batches for distribution.
- Who does a Mail Processor work with?
- A Mail Processor works with Mail Clerks to sort incoming mail, keep records and prepare envelopes for delivery.