Use this Intake Coordinator job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Intake Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Completing all admissions paperwork and entering it digitally
- Verifying medical insurance coverage and benefits for each patient
- Welcoming patients to the facility
We are looking for an Intake Coordinator to join our team and assist our medical facility by welcoming patients and ensuring patient information is organized before their medical appointment.
Intake Coordinator responsibilities include greeting incoming patients, recording their personal details, gathering medical histories and obtaining any health insurance information they have.
Ultimately, you will work with patients as they enter our medical facility and aid other Intake Coordinators to ensure patients are greeted and their medical information is organized.
- Schedule appointments for consultations, tests and procedures
- Answer phone and email inquiries
- Address any patient complaints or concerns
- Perform clerical work such as filing, copying and faxing
- Prepare and maintain patient charts
- Comply with the regulations and policies of the facility
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Intake Coordinator or similar role
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong affinity for customer service
- Working knowledge of office management and filing systems
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as an Intake Coordinator
Frequently asked questions
What does an Intake Coordinator do?
Intake Coordinators ensure that patients at healthcare facilities receive the care they need and make sure all information about them has been recorded correctly. They will also help coordinate future appointments, procedures or treatments if required by patient conditions.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Intake Coordinator?
Intake Coordinators have many duties depending on where they work, but they typically focus on welcoming patients as they enter the medical facility and organizing patient information prior to their appointment.
What makes a good Intake Coordinator?
A good Intake Coordinator needs to have excellent communication skills since they work directly with a variety of patients.
Who does an Intake Coordinator work with?
An Intake Coordinator typically works with a small team, and they work directly with Physicians to ensure patient records are organized before the patient’s appointment.