Use this Health Informaticist job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Health Informaticist responsibilities include:
- Interviewing healthcare providers and patients, observing healthcare service delivery procedures and collecting electronic healthcare data
- Developing health information systems that support the collection, sharing, standardization and integration of healthcare data
- Analyzing and interpreting data to identify areas that need improvement
We are looking for a Health Informaticist to join our team and focus on how health information is captured, transmitted and used in our health facility.
Health Informaticist responsibilities include building processes and systems to help our organization catalog and store different types of healthcare information for our patients.
Ultimately, you will work with technology throughout our organization to help make our healthcare services more efficient and effective for patients.
- Collaborate on improving standards of care, policies and procedures
- Train healthcare staff on health information system deployment and management
- Provide technical support, optimize network security and maintain databases
- Ensure compliance in healthcare information management regulations
- Document processes, maintain records and prepare reports
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Health Informaticist or similar role
- Exceptional understanding of health information system design and database management
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in healthcare information management
- Superb analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- A bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Health Informaticist do?
A Health Informaticist is an expert in the field of data management and analysis within healthcare. They work closely with patients and medical providers to ensure that all forms of information are being properly shared throughout their organization's system for optimal care delivery.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Health Informaticist?
A Health Informaticist gathers, analyzes and optimizes the delivery of healthcare services in collaboration with a patient’s medical providers. They develop effective information systems that give doctors access to shared knowledge on patient care within an organization.
What makes a good Health Informaticist?
A good Health Informaticist must have excellent critical thinking skills, as they must build solutions in an organization’s system to deliver high-quality patient care. They also need to have good communication skills since they work with a wide range of specialists in the medical field.
Who does a Health Informaticist work with?
Health Informaticists typically work with IT Technicians within an organization to develop and deploy solutions to help store, share and organize patient information.