Greeter job description
Greeters are professionals who welcome visitors as they enter restaurants, car dealerships and retail shops.
Use this Greeter job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Greeter responsibilities include:
- Greeting customers as they enter the store
- Helping with visual merchandising/restocking as needed
- Working with Store Managers to determine the best means to keep the customers informed and engaged
We are looking for a customer-focused and energetic Greeter to join our team.
A Greeter’s responsibilities include ensuring guests are greeted when they enter the store and providing directions or information to customers to ensure they find the products they are looking for.
Ultimately, you will greet visitors, direct them to products they need, and inform them about store promotions.
- Provide information on our current sales and promotions
- Help keep track of how many guests are seen throughout the day
- Provide advice or direct guests to the appropriate sales associate
- Schedule follow-up appointments or calls
- Help maintain a clean and welcoming environment
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Greeter or similar role
- Customer service experience a plus
- An understanding of our product(s) and the product(s) of our main competitors
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Greeter do?
A Greeter is the first face people see as they walk through any establishment. They welcome all customers with a smile and answer any questions they have as they enter the store.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Greeter?
A Greeter has many responsibilities, but they are typically responsible for greeting guests as they arrive at the store, providing directions for guests as needed and helping keep their work area clean and organized for a good shopping experience.
What makes a good Greeter?
A good Greeter must be friendly, personable and able to interact with a wide variety of people. In addition, they must be physically fit as they will spend most of their time standing throughout their shift.
Who does a Greeter work with?
A Greeter typically works alone throughout their shift, and they are supervised by a Store Manager who assigns their workstation and oversees the quality of service provided to customers throughout the shift.
Hiring Greeter job description
Post this Greeter job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.