Use this Executive Pastor job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Executive Pastor responsibilities include:
- Overseeing church operations
- Leading, overseeing and having regular meetings with staff
- Guiding and improving interactions between the senior pastor, elders, deacons, pastors and other staff members
We are looking for an Executive Pastor to join our team to oversee the operations of our church and help build our church’s mission and vision.
An Executive Pastor’s responsibilities include implementing processes for church operations, managing the organization’s resources and overseeing staff development.
Ultimately, you will work with all staff members in our organization to ensure our church accomplishes our vision and builds our mission.
- Collaborate with senior pastor and elders regarding ministry administration and implementation of mission and vision
- Oversee human resources operations, and collaborate with the senior pastor to hire, reposition, transition and dismiss staff
- Create an annual budget to ensure the church has the resources needed to accomplish its mission
- Oversee finances and fundraising operations
- Assisting staff to manage ministry budgets
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Executive Pastor or similar role
- An evident relationship with Jesus Christ is required
- Demonstrated leadership skills as outlined in the Bible
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong people skills to work with staff members across the church
- A Masters degree of Divinity is required
Frequently asked questions
What does an Executive Pastor do?
The Executive Pastor is a trusted leader in a church and oversees all administrative, operational and financial aspects of running the organization.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Executive Pastor?
An Executive Pastor has several responsibilities like leading strategic planning, managing finances throughout the year and training staff members to achieve the mission and vision of the church throughout the year.
What makes a good Executive Pastor?
A good Executive Pastor must have strong leadership skills because they work with all staff members in a church. They also have excellent communication skills to ensure the church’s vision and mission are shared throughout the organization and congregation.
Who does an Executive Pastor work with?
An Executive Pastor oversees all church staff members, and they work with church Accountants to ensure the organization maintains accurate financial operations.