Use this Esthetician job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Esthetician responsibilities include:
- Evaluating a customer’s skin condition and offer recommendations for treatments
- Recommending skin care products to customers, including moisturizers and facial washes
- Waxing or plucking unwanted hair, providing facials and administering other cosmetic treatments
We are looking for an Esthetician to join our team and offer informed recommendations so customers can select appropriate services that suit their needs with ease.
An Esthetician’s responsibilities include providing relaxation services like facial massages to clients who want a pampered look or helping them feel better about their appearance by applying carefully selected creams to ensure the health of their patient’s skin.
Estheticians are typically employed at spas and salons, although some work for dermatologists. We are looking for a compassionate Esthetician to also perform skin, body and hair removal treatments.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients looking to improve the health of their skin and assess their specific needs.
- Provide waxing, facials, body treatments and makeup applications
- Teach makeup lessons
- Adhere to appointments in a timely manner by monitoring schedule
- Welcome clients in a warm, friendly manner
- Accompany clients to and from treatment rooms and thanking them on departure
- Interview clients to obtain information about contraindications
- Examine clients skin to evaluate the suitability of treatments
- Advise clients on skin care
- Recommend suitable treatments and home care regimens
- Engage with clients during sessions on topics relating to their interests
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Esthetician or similar role
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Ability to develop a plan of action for clients care
- Ability to make a client feel comfortable
- Deep knowledge of skin care techniques
- High School diploma or GED equivalent with a valid Esthetician’s license
Frequently asked questions
- What does an Esthetician do?
- An esthetician is a person who specializes in the beautification of skin. Estheticians are not medical healthcare providers; instead, they perform cosmetic treatments such as facials, superficial chemical peels and waxing to enhance a client’s natural beauty.
- What are the duties and responsibilities of an Esthetician?
- Estheticians primarily work directly with patients, but they may also need to perform a variety of job duties, such as keeping records and maintaining sanitary work areas. Other responsibilities may involve greeting customers at the front desk while others help set up appointments for their clients.
- What makes a good Esthetician?
- A good Esthetician should be a skin care expert who is willing to share their knowledge of the latest treatments and ingredients with their clients. They must be good communicators to answer patient questions, and they need to be knowledgeable about the processes and products involved with skin care to apply the right solution based on the needs of their clients.
- Who does an Esthetician work with?
- Many Estheticians work with Dermatologists and other medical professionals in medi-spas, day spas and other salons.