Customer Success Manager job description
A Customer Success Manager (CSM) is a professional who is responsible for developing a positive customer experience and fostering healthy working relationships. They act as a bridge between the support and the sales team.
Use this Customer Success Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Customer Success Manager responsibilities include:
- Sustaining business growth and profitability by maximizing value
- Analyzing customer data to improve customer experience
- Holding product demonstrations for customers
We are looking for a customer success manager who can provide ongoing support to our clients and network with them. The candidate should be able to contribute to building relationships, implementing new programs that will increase your business’ revenue potentials and minimize churn rates.
A Customer Success Manager’s responsibilities include supporting customers as they transition from sales prospects, building close relationships that often last beyond any one project or job-order lasting process ownership with the business itself.
Ultimately, you will work directly with clients to help solve their problems and ensure their satisfaction while they are an active account with us. You will also work closely with other employees to ensure customer questions and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Establish clear client retention goals
- Process milestones for the clients and employees to work toward
- Assist customers with setting up and navigating programs or software
- Promote the value of the product
- Upsell services and products with the brand image
- Promote value through customer experience
- Assist in creating training courses and educational materials
- Review customer complaints and concerns and seek to improve the customer experience
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Customer Success Manager or similar role
- Experience working with brand image and promoting value through customer experience
- Exceptional ability to communicate and foster positive business relationships
- Technical skills required, as they relate to the use of the product or service
- Accountability and personal organization are essential
- Experience in managing a diverse group and training each according to company standards
- A communications or marketing degree is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does a Customer Success Manager do?
Customer Success Managers are the bridge between sales and customer success. They provide support for transitioning prospects into active users, often acting as a go-between with other departments within your company, such as marketing or product management.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Customer Success Manager?
A Customer Success Manager is a strategic and supportive partner for your customers at every stage of the buying process. They're focused on building loyalty to ensure long-term client retention by presenting product information, addressing customer issues and helping the sales team with upsells and renewals.
What makes a good Customer Success Manager?
A good Customer Success Manager must have a thirst for knowledge, the ability to learn quickly and easily grasp new software applications. They should also be able to communicate clearly with customers to create strategies that grow our customer base.
Who does a Customer Success Manager work with?
A Customer Success Manager is the point of contact for customers who are looking to buy products and services, and they are the primary contact for customers throughout the lifespan of the account. Customer Success Managers also work closely with Sales Representatives to close deals and identify upsell opportunities with their customers.
Hiring Customer Success Manager job description
Post this Customer Success Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.