Use this Criminal Lawyer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Criminal Lawyer responsibilities include:
- Conducting research and analyzing cases to determine a probable outcome and devise an effective strategy to defend clients in court
- Interpreting laws for clients and helping them to understand their legal options
- Aiming to resolve cases as quickly and favorably as possible
We are looking for a Criminal Lawyer to join our team and provide legal aid to individuals who have been accused of committing criminal activities.
Criminal Lawyer responsibilities include interpreting laws, advising clients on their legal options, and presenting evidence in court.
Ultimately, you will work to prosecute or defend individuals who have been accused of conducting criminal activities.
- Represent clients at arraignments, hearings, and court trials
- Present evidence to a judge and/or jury should the case go to trial
- Prepare and draft legal documents, including legal briefs and appeals
- Negotiate plea negotiations, punishments, and settlements
- Undergo ongoing training to stay updated about changes and new developments in the legal field
- Conduct yourself in an ethical and professional manner at all times
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Criminal Lawyer or similar role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and research skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with a team of attorneys
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Criminal Lawyer
Frequently asked questions
What does a Criminal Lawyer do?
A Criminal Lawyer prosecutes or defends individuals who are accused of criminal activities.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Criminal Lawyer?
A Criminal Lawyer has many responsibilities, such as representing clients at the hearing and court trials. They also prepare legal documents as needed and negotiate plea deals and settlements.
What makes a good Criminal Lawyer?
A good Criminal Lawyer must have excellent written and verbal communication skills since they present complicated legal findings to clients and at court hearings.
Who does a Criminal Lawyer work with?
A Criminal Lawyer will work with many professionals like Court Clerks to ensure that all filings and legal documents are submitted to the court before a hearing.