Chemical Engineer job description
Chemical Engineers are professionals who use their knowledge of the physical sciences to improve operations and equipment used in the processing of chemicals, fuel, drugs, food and many other products.
Use this Chemical Engineer job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Chemical Engineer responsibilities include:
- Using scientific, mathematical and engineering principles to solve problems and improve processes
- Designing, proposing, implementing, reviewing and correcting plans to ensure company goals are achieved
- Observing production processes, conducting research and finding ways to increase efficiency and quality
We are looking for a Chemical Engineer to join our team and help our organization implement, analyze and improve processes and equipment in our plants.
Chemical Engineer responsibilities include conducting research studies, designing solutions, and overseeing the implementation and troubleshooting of various procedures.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of Engineers to identify opportunities in our plants and oversee plans to improve efficiency and safety.
- Develop manufacturing processes that minimize waste and increase the quality of finished products
- Monitor and test processes and products found in all phases of production
- Develop and implement safety procedures for staff working with hazardous materials
- Design, plan and implement the layout of manufacturing equipment to optimize production and decrease costs
- Use computers to compile and analyze data
- Establish safety and waste management procedures
- Travel to work sites and locations to learn about project needs and design
- Assist with establishing budgets and timelines
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Chemical Engineer or similar role
- Ability to cooperate and communicate with others, especially those without a technical background
- Computer literacy to run simulations and conduct ongoing research
- Exceptional problem solving, verbal and written communication, presentation and project management skills
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Chemical Engineer
Frequently asked questions
What does a Chemical Engineer do?
Chemical Engineers apply principles from chemistry, biology, physics and math to solve problems involving the production or use of chemicals, fuel, drugs, and food, among many other products across different industries.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Chemical Engineer?
A Chemical Engineer will have many duties depending on where they work, but they typically focus on analyzing operations and data while performing research and tests to find ways to improve drugs, food, and other chemicals as needed.
What makes a good Chemical Engineer?
A good Chemical Engineer must have excellent communication skills since they need to share their findings with other Engineers and stakeholders at their organization. They must also be detail-oriented, as they are responsible for several tests at a time.
Who does a Chemical Engineer work with?
A Chemical Engineer will work with a team of Engineers who specialize in different areas of the production of drugs, food and other chemicals.
Hiring Chemical Engineer job description
Post this Chemical Engineer job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.