Assistant Property Manager job description
An Assistant Property Manager is a professional who organizes and maintains the daily operational tasks of a real estate company by performing administrative work, inspecting properties for condition compliance and coordinating maintenance updates with contractors.
Use this Assistant Property Manager job description to advertise your vacancies and find qualified candidates. Feel free to modify responsibilities and requirements based on your needs.
Assistant Property Manager responsibilities include:
- Building positive relationships with prospective and current tenants
- Overseeing the timely and successful completion of maintenance requests
- Showing properties to prospective tenants and answering relevant questions
We are looking for an Assistant Property Manager to join our team to support the day-to-day operations of our residents, support staff and general operations of our real estate business.
An Assistant Property Manager’s responsibilities include reporting any issues or concerns regarding buildings, basic bookkeeping to keep track of funds efficiently and maintaining relationships between staff members and tenants alike by attending weekly management meetings.
- Inspect property conditions and coordinate maintenance activities
- Manage budgets, accounts, rent collections and tenant notices
- Create and distribute marketing materials to attract new tenants
- Maintain organized and updated resident files and records
- Report any problems or issues to the property manager
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as an Assistant Property Manager or similar role
- Working knowledge of industry standards and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
Frequently asked questions
What does an Assistant Property Manager do?
An Assistant Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of real estate properties. They usually work directly with tenants to resolve issues, show properties and take care of administrative duties around the office.
What are the duties and responsibilities of an Assistant Property Manager?
An Assistant Property Manager will have a range of responsibilities. Still, they tend to focus on attending to the needs of tenants, managing payments and budgets and ensuring that all maintenance issues are resolved as requested by tenants.
What makes a good Assistant Property Manager?
A good Assistant Property Manager should have excellent communication skills since they will talk directly with tenants over the phone, in person and via email. They also need to have good listening skills to understand the needs of tenants and react appropriately.
Who does an Assistant Property Manager work with?
Assistant Property Managers typically work alone or in a small team to oversee the needs of tenants and properties in their portfolio, and they are supervised by a Property Manager who ensures that business goals are met.
Hiring Assistant Property Manager job description
Post this Assistant Property Manager job description job ad to 18+ free job boards with one submission
Start a free Workable trial and post your ad on the most popular
job boards today.